3 ways your church can partner with Refuge & Hope to support refugees in Africa this summer:
1) Refugee Sunday
2) Vacation Bible School
3) Our Obstacle Race: The Great Escape
World Refugee Day is Monday, June 20, 2016. As an active partner in our ministry, we'd like to invite you to commemorate World Refugee Day with us by dedicating one Sunday in June to praying for refugees with your congregation and sharing information about how they can improve lives of refugees in Africa.
Here's how you can participate:
- Select a Sunday in June that your church will observe World Refugee Day. Contact email@example.com to let us know which date works best for you.
- Show our 2-3 minute film: Help your congregation members better understand the church's role in the refugee crises and learn more about our ministry through this short film.
- Pray as a church: During this service, set aside a special time to pray for refugees in your community and around the world. We'd also like you to pray for rehabilitation and restoration of the 1000+ refugees we serve at Refuge and Hope International in Uganda.
- Take up an offering: Take up a special collection from those wishing to support the work our organization is doing to empower refugees with the Word of God and to help them rebuild their lives.
Vacation Bible School
Did you know there are more than a dozen versus in the Bible that tell us how we should treat refugees? With the number of refugees in the world at an all time high (50+ million according to UNHCR) now is a good time to start talking to our children about the plight of refugees and ways we can help.
This summer you can support Refuge and Hope through your VBS program in one or more of the following ways:
- Run our new VBS program. This kid-friendly 5-day program follows safari animals who've been forced to flee their homes on an adventurous journey to safety. Throughout the week, participants will learn about the plight of refugees and how the Bible tells us to respond to their needs.
- Have your kids write letters of encouragement or make special crafts for the refugee youth we serve.
- Commit this year's VBS tithing and collections to Refuge and Hope International.
Empower your children to transform the lives of refugees in Uganda this summer by partnering with us through your VBS. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to get started!
The Great Escape: A Refugees Race for Freedom
The Great Escape: A Refugee’s Race for Freedom, was created by Refuge and Hope International in June 2014 to educate and sensitize people to the challenges refugees face as they flee their homelands in search of safety. Through this event, participants in Uganda experienced a small taste of refugees’ struggles as they competed in teams to overcome the distance (4-7 miles) and unexpected obstacles along the way.
Today, The Great Escape can be hosted by churches, organizations or individuals all over the world. In order to help you facilitate The Great Escape Race (along with our Go the Distance Walk) we've developed a comprehensive toolkit to help event organizers plan the event, step-by-step.
The Great Escape is a great way to educate communities about the challenges refugees abroad face while raising money for a great cause.
If you'd like to learn more about hosting The Great Escape Race along with the Go the Distance Walk, contact us at email@example.com. We'll give you access to our toolkit and answer any questions you might have to help you get going!
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of these requests. And thank you especially for your continued prayers, love and support.
Peace + Blessings,
Jade & Shelah Acker
Refuge and Hope International